Friday, September 9, 2011

Why do we love Pixar?

When it comes to making good quality films, Pixar gets it right.  With the exception of the Cars films, Pixar has been on a roll these past 15 years.  From classics like Toy Story and Finding Nemo, these movies have wowed us with their incredible stories and endless humor.  I still feel like a kid when I go see them. And yet I feel unashamed because I see lots of people my age in the theater with me. You don't have to be a kid to appreciate these movies. When you go see them you don't feel like you're getting cheated out of your money.  You know, because of their past movies, that you're going to get what you paid for.  As I read reviews about the latest Pixar movies, I'm still amazed at the praise these movies receive.  Words like "Brilliant," "Moving," and, "Powerful" are just some of the words used to describe them. I love these movies because they make me feel good.  The stories really stick with you, as well as the characters.  Nowadays, movies thrive on special effects and actors who are good looking.  They seem to be a blockbuster, but they have no plot and no heart.  It's hard to make a really good movie these days.  I just wish studios could invest as much time and energy and creativity into their work as Pixar does.  Pixar has set the bar high for movies longing to become a hit. They aren't flamboyant about their success and don't shove their fame in your face.  Pixar just does what it's been doing all these years, offering consistently good movies for moviegoers of all ages.  And that's why Pixar has the reputation it has.  I've enjoyed these movies for most of my life. And I can't wait for the day when I get to take my kids to go see one.

Please share your thoughts and opinions about Pixar.  Why do you love Pixar? What movies really stand out to you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment