Sunday, August 28, 2011

More than just a game

When people hear the word fall they think of the leaves changing colors, or maybe the weather getting cooler.  They think of school starting and new seasons of their favorite shows. One word comes to my mind when I hear fall, and that is football. 

Watching football isn't just watching a sport, at least not for me.  I have very fond memories of watching games with my family, especially my dad and my grandpa. My dad, my brother, and I would go over to my grandpa's on game day.  We'd order large pizzas and down cans of soda as we watched our favorite teams battle it out.  It was bonding time.  I bonded with them in other ways too, but watching football is still my favorite.  The crazy screaming at the T.V., combined with the standing ovations as one player completes a pass or scores a touchdown, made each Sunday memorable.  It was always a joy watching them react to each play of every game. After the game we'd go outside and play in the yard, pretending to be our favorite players.  Something as simple as playing catch could make us laugh and shout and go crazy.  

I know too many useless facts about football. But it's always fun to talk about how players have improved and how you think your team will do this year.  Yes there's always bragging rights and the gloating of hardcore fans, but there's also something that happens internally.  I love my dad and my grandpa so much.  I will always have these crazy memories to remind me of time spent together with them.  

So you kinda get an idea of where my mind is at currently.  I'm stoked for this season.  Whether it's college or the NFL playing, I'll be rooting my team on with my brother, dad, and grandpa screaming along with me.  It's almost here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment