Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Closer and closer

Being a senior is pretty weird and awesome at the same time. You're so close to graduating and ready to leave school behind.  I'll never forget that feeling on the last day of high school. It was euphoric and satisfying.

Now I'm a senior in college.  I'm awaiting the last day I step inside the Business building at UCO.  I'm on the 5 year CPA plan, so I still have another year after next spring.  It may sound like a while, but I'm so looking forward to getting it done.  I'm just ready for it to be over and have a job.  

It's hard to believe it.  I'm getting closer and closer to not being a student anymore.  That day will be strange when I no longer have to prepare for class.  I won't have to worry about doing some extra studying the morning of the test or panicking when I've forgotten to print out an assignment.  You live and learn. 

 I'm ready to close one chapter and start a new one.  I'm not sure where you're at in your life. If you're just starting a new chapter or if you're ending one.  I hope you're living it out and taking advantage of each moment.  I've learned to really slow down and look at life.  It's really tough sometimes because life doesn't slow down.  It stubbornly keeps going and going.  You can't change that. But you can savor it. 

You kinda get an idea of where my mind is at right now.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about the future and examining my time spent at school.  You learn and go through so much.  I'm at the end of a chapter, and I'm eagerly waiting for what the next one has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment